Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Well... MAYBE...

I went down and saw Lisa after he surgery, and initial reports are pretty good. They may have gotten all of the cancer out. Then again, they may not.

But the fire in her eyes is back, and they actually let her eat a Popsicle (well, she ate about a quarter of it) - her first food in three days. '

Over the past couple of days, she's had her parents, her sisters, myself, my mom and dad, Sean, the kids - even her cousins who stopped in. Considering we all live very far away, that meant a lot to her, I think.

She may need chemo - likely, truth to tell - and she's going to be in the hospital for another week and she can't eat dairy for at least three months... but she's a heckuva lot better than the doctors cautioned us.

For now.

Nice. I'm feeling pretty good about now.

No comments: