Thursday, April 23, 2009

OK, this is kind of weird, but...

I'll just come right out and say it.

I can't get the wrapping off of soda straws anymore.

Seriously. Did they suddenly make the paper stronger, or what?

Every time I get a straw from McDonald's or Eros or Speedway, I can't seem to open the straws anymore. You know how you just whip the wrapping off? Can't do it.

I usually end up having to tear a path all the way around the straw, then shove both pieces off but that only works about one in three. The other times I have to literally peel the paper or plastic off the straw all the way down.

I don't know why - I'm certainly not too weak (I can carry a good sized suitcase all the way through the airport, no problem). I should be able to handle a straw.

This just happened to me, over the past four or five weeks. But I've been unable to simply open up a soda straw.

Very odd. And very frustrating. It's like my brain just won't let me open one.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Michael O'Connell said...

Well, the good news is that of all the things people start losing the ability do to as they get older? If given a list, and that one was on it, I'd probably pick that one. :)

Uh...I know I'm in California and all and we don't have the same food chains, but I really don't think I'd feel comfortably eating at a place called "Eros". Though the uniforms for the serving girls could be interesting...

Michael O'Connell said...

Wait...delayed joke...

"Well, I guess you DON'T suck."

(get it?)

KC Ryan said...

Uhhhhh...

No.

I don't get it.

Oh, well. Yeah, I thought the same thing on Eros when Maggie introduced me to the place. It's basically a coffee shop with darn good food for a reasonable price.

KC Ryan said...

Oh.

Never mind, I got it.

Sheesh - getting slow in my old age.